SCORE REPORTING: Two Places (Pressbox & NEOMG)
Head coaches are responsible to report all scores (home and away ~ wins and losses) to through the GETPRESSBOX app. You are more than welcome to delegate this task to an assistant coach, volunteer or reliable parent, but it is your responsibility to ensure that all varsity scores are reported accurately and in a timely manner. (https://pressbox.getvnn.com/). New coaches will need to create an account.
For coach’s to report scores that are automatically sent to all media publications (Plain Dealer- NEOMG), News-Herald, Chagrin Valley Times and the Akron Beach Journal) as well as any followers (via email, text and social media). These scores are automatically uploaded to the website (www.ohslions.com) and sent out via all media channels (other than PD/NEOMG) once scores are submitted.
The Cleveland Plain Dealer now has SPECIFIC score-reporting for the following sports:
COMMUNICATING WITH PARENTS:
VNN ALERT SYSTEM- Coaches need to create an account (https://alerts.getvnn.com/)
For team communications, cancellations and other last-minute changes. Athletes and Parents can create an account here as well to follow (via email, text and social media) any team at any level (Varsity, JV & Freshman).
REQUIRED COACHING CERTIFICATIONS: Required for ALL Paid Coaches; Volunteers must have a complete and up-to-date FBI/BCI background check on file with HR Dept.
- Online Application OCSD (click here for link to application)
- Completed & Approved BCI/FBI Background Check through Orange HR Dept.- results must also be on file with ODE
- Concussion Certification [NFHS] (renewed with PAP)
- Fundamentals of Coaching Certification [NFHS] (does not expire)
- Valid CPR/AED Certification (American Heart Assoc. or RedCross)
- Valid and Current PAP Certification (apply through the ODE Safe Account Sys.)
*Copies of ALL certifications need to be submitted and kept on file with Athletic Dept.